Skip to main content

Starting somewhere

    I miss writing. I miss the way it sooths my soul, the way it empowers me to look at the details of my life in a positive light. There has been so much going on in my life lately that writing basically got buried in a corner forgotten.
     Some of it might be due to the fact that havent felt very positively about my life lately. But I miss the feeling of being in-love with life, I miss feeling alive. Somewhere inside of myself I know that if I want to feel those things again I need to find the courage to pull out the things I love and dust them off. At first it might not be very pretty, like a painter that is out of practice there are bound to be some duds before there are masterpieces.
    Here I am making it full circle with a goal that is the very reason I started this blog, I want to start writing everyday. Writing things that I hope can help and inspire others and maybe in the writings of my soul I will be able to refind myself.
    Its interesting where life takes you and how you find yourself in places you never dreamed of being. Somewhere in the losses and confusion of life we have to find beauty in it even when we can't find joy. I used to do this with ease, now it feels daunting. I have to start somewhere though. So heres to a new year, new experiances and new insight.
    Lets see where it takes us.

Comments

  1. I love this Carrie! I have been feeling this way about writing myself lately! I love reading everything you write! You have a gift for it! I know its hard to find time to write, I have been having a hard time with that too, but I hope in all the craziness you do find the time because I love reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Judgemental Driving

So this may be a little known fact about me, but I have road rage. It's not really extreme but I have no patience with other drivers and I often catch myself judging other drivers over simple things. Such as what lane of traffic they are in, or which lane they decide to turn into. It's probably not super apparent, but something that if you drove with me often (which no one does by the way) you would probably notice. Tonight was a good example of this problem of mine, there was a car in front of me that turned into a turning lane to a road that in my mind seems to lead no where. As I watched this car I mumbled under my breath something about "Do you even know where you are going, or are you lost? Cause that kind of goes no where important." Than I thought about it for a second and realized, maybe their home is on that road, maybe they are going to visit a loved one. Maybe they are headed to a best friends house, in all of those cases it would be a road to somewhere im...

Warmth and Love

The past few days it has really hit me how much grief and loss affect each of us in our lives. No matter how much those around us seem to have it all together there is a great chance there is something that they are grieving in their life. In September my family almost lost my mom, she has always struggled with kidney stones and due to some oversight she ended up in the ICU with sepsis. For days I waited at home unable to do anything to help feeling almost crippled by the pain and fear that I might lose her. One night I went up and laid on her bed and wound up a music box and cried. I didn't want my younger brothers to see me completely fall apart so I stayed in my parents room until I had nothing left to cry. My mom recovered and was able to return home, but even now 5 months later there are moments I can still see that she is still healing from the experience. I know looking inward on my heart that I sometimes feel flashes of the fear creep back in, and that in my ow...

it's simple

I'm a mess sometimes, actually it's not just me, it's life. Life is messy, it's emotional, and because we go so much by emotion, logic flees the scene. Sometimes that what makes things messy is when we either use our head or our heart, and somehow when I start using both of them life gets a little less messy and a bit more sensical (if that's even a word, it is now, I'm running with it) its the balance of your head and heart that bring things together. I don't really ever listen to me own advice, like ever. I am fantastic at giving great advice, I think I would make a fabulous relationship advisor, however it has completely escaped on how to make my own relationships flourish. However I have gotten very good at something else, breathing (yup that is my secret, the cat is out of the bag) breathing. When nothing else makes ensemble and everything is falling apart, breathing makes a hug difference, we'll it better, without it we would die, so yeah I would ...