Skip to main content

a big world

We live in such a big world, yeah I know what your thinking, no brainer everyone already knows that. Tonight though I was out laying on the grass looking at the sky and the clouds with my roommate, and it was beautiful there is beauty in vastness. There are so many things out there left for us to study and marvel at and one of the greatest is the sky to me. I think it's beautiful I am amazed at the texture the depth and the detail to the sky, even more I like observing it as n artist, I have not in all my years ever been able to mimic the beauty and depth the one evening sky has. Not is a dozen paintings, I've tried and I've practiced and the harder it gets to mimic, the more I am amazed by beauty. Even more than the night sky what's even harder for me to capture the beauty of is people. Not in painting, writing or music they are full of dimensions of beauty that I can't even begin to understand. People are stunning, they are breath taking and for some reason they hold depth in one being than the whole universe. The more I look at the sky the more I'm amazed by it but the more I feel protected and safe by it. It's a weird concept but true in my mind and heart, people they different. They take my breath away with their complexity and their depth and I feel safe, but I also feel a strange type of exhilaration almost like jumping a the edge into the deep unknown.
When looking at the sky I feel held by the immensity of the universe, I feel safe and protected. By people I feel like I am jumping into the ocean, I can't see everything that's there and maybe even a little scared of what's there, but your body craves the calming coolness of the ocean to save you from the burning of the sun. People are refreshing and cooling like rain in a storm that keeps you from burning in a drought. But they are also like the feeling of drowning overwhelmed not knowing what you jumped into but not sure you ever want to get out.
Life is in the details, details that make the universe beautiful and stunning to the eyes and mind. But details that make people complicated, hard to understand sometimes, and beautiful and the most complex and hard creation to be able to bring justice to from an artist standpoint. I love the universe as an artist, but I love people even more. People are beautiful no matter what standpoint you see them from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judgemental Driving

So this may be a little known fact about me, but I have road rage. It's not really extreme but I have no patience with other drivers and I often catch myself judging other drivers over simple things. Such as what lane of traffic they are in, or which lane they decide to turn into. It's probably not super apparent, but something that if you drove with me often (which no one does by the way) you would probably notice. Tonight was a good example of this problem of mine, there was a car in front of me that turned into a turning lane to a road that in my mind seems to lead no where. As I watched this car I mumbled under my breath something about "Do you even know where you are going, or are you lost? Cause that kind of goes no where important." Than I thought about it for a second and realized, maybe their home is on that road, maybe they are going to visit a loved one. Maybe they are headed to a best friends house, in all of those cases it would be a road to somewhere im...

Warmth and Love

The past few days it has really hit me how much grief and loss affect each of us in our lives. No matter how much those around us seem to have it all together there is a great chance there is something that they are grieving in their life. In September my family almost lost my mom, she has always struggled with kidney stones and due to some oversight she ended up in the ICU with sepsis. For days I waited at home unable to do anything to help feeling almost crippled by the pain and fear that I might lose her. One night I went up and laid on her bed and wound up a music box and cried. I didn't want my younger brothers to see me completely fall apart so I stayed in my parents room until I had nothing left to cry. My mom recovered and was able to return home, but even now 5 months later there are moments I can still see that she is still healing from the experience. I know looking inward on my heart that I sometimes feel flashes of the fear creep back in, and that in my ow...

it's simple

I'm a mess sometimes, actually it's not just me, it's life. Life is messy, it's emotional, and because we go so much by emotion, logic flees the scene. Sometimes that what makes things messy is when we either use our head or our heart, and somehow when I start using both of them life gets a little less messy and a bit more sensical (if that's even a word, it is now, I'm running with it) its the balance of your head and heart that bring things together. I don't really ever listen to me own advice, like ever. I am fantastic at giving great advice, I think I would make a fabulous relationship advisor, however it has completely escaped on how to make my own relationships flourish. However I have gotten very good at something else, breathing (yup that is my secret, the cat is out of the bag) breathing. When nothing else makes ensemble and everything is falling apart, breathing makes a hug difference, we'll it better, without it we would die, so yeah I would ...