Skip to main content

A voice for you

Lately there hasn't been a whole lot about my life that has made absolute sense. But the things that do make sense right now I am sure will never change. I know absolutely that I am a beautiful daughter of God made not only purposefully, but made on purpose, even the parts of me that I consider to be ugly. But somethings aren't as ugly or as bad as they first seem, you just have to wait to see the unexpected and sometimes unexplainable beauty.
I know that this life is amazing and beautiful, but it seems to me that only a belief in a being higher than yourself whether it's God, or Buddha, or whatever thing it is people choose to believe in gives you enough insight and hope and depth to see past all the scars and marred moments of life to see beauty,
I know that God loves his children enough to speak to them, not only in the past, but also now he will always find a way to speak to his children, because he loves them.
I also know that the saying "if its not okay than it's not over" is accurate, life isn't always clean cut and organized. Things don't always make sense, but I know that when you continue to try the best you can and when you have given until you can't. Slowly over the hard times you become someone that's not possible without the hard times. As long as you keep trying as far as I have witnessed life does get better. It does not get easier, but it does get better. And as you have hope for the future and look to the horizon for a better tomorrow, life gets more beautiful. You notice the small details that makes life the amazing experience that it has the potential to be.
I know there are moments when you feel overwhelmed lost and sometimes like you have no idea where you belong. And I know there are times when people tell you to be strong and keep smiling, but honestly sometimes you need a moment to mourn, mourn that you've lost sometimes, and that life doesn't always make sense. I find that most of the times I find myself mourning it over a feeling of being lost, or of having lost something. No matter what it is, it is okay to mourn, it's okay to not always be happy, it's part of this human experience.
But never get so lost in mourning that you forget what once made you smile and rejoice. Because no matter what you've lost it should never be so much that it takes away your ability to be happy in the future, no matter how crappy life is there will be something worth rejoicing over in your future, if you don't get so lost in the ruts of hard times. Keep your eyes open for the moments that are meant to be rejoiced over. They are sometimes few and far between, but they are there, don't miss them.
I am starting this blog specifically for my children, so that there is a voice for good, for them. But also I'm starting anyone out there that finds themselves lost wondering where to look for a positive influence. There needs to be a voice for good, and I am going to try me hardest to share what I do have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judgemental Driving

So this may be a little known fact about me, but I have road rage. It's not really extreme but I have no patience with other drivers and I often catch myself judging other drivers over simple things. Such as what lane of traffic they are in, or which lane they decide to turn into. It's probably not super apparent, but something that if you drove with me often (which no one does by the way) you would probably notice. Tonight was a good example of this problem of mine, there was a car in front of me that turned into a turning lane to a road that in my mind seems to lead no where. As I watched this car I mumbled under my breath something about "Do you even know where you are going, or are you lost? Cause that kind of goes no where important." Than I thought about it for a second and realized, maybe their home is on that road, maybe they are going to visit a loved one. Maybe they are headed to a best friends house, in all of those cases it would be a road to somewhere im...

Warmth and Love

The past few days it has really hit me how much grief and loss affect each of us in our lives. No matter how much those around us seem to have it all together there is a great chance there is something that they are grieving in their life. In September my family almost lost my mom, she has always struggled with kidney stones and due to some oversight she ended up in the ICU with sepsis. For days I waited at home unable to do anything to help feeling almost crippled by the pain and fear that I might lose her. One night I went up and laid on her bed and wound up a music box and cried. I didn't want my younger brothers to see me completely fall apart so I stayed in my parents room until I had nothing left to cry. My mom recovered and was able to return home, but even now 5 months later there are moments I can still see that she is still healing from the experience. I know looking inward on my heart that I sometimes feel flashes of the fear creep back in, and that in my ow...

it's simple

I'm a mess sometimes, actually it's not just me, it's life. Life is messy, it's emotional, and because we go so much by emotion, logic flees the scene. Sometimes that what makes things messy is when we either use our head or our heart, and somehow when I start using both of them life gets a little less messy and a bit more sensical (if that's even a word, it is now, I'm running with it) its the balance of your head and heart that bring things together. I don't really ever listen to me own advice, like ever. I am fantastic at giving great advice, I think I would make a fabulous relationship advisor, however it has completely escaped on how to make my own relationships flourish. However I have gotten very good at something else, breathing (yup that is my secret, the cat is out of the bag) breathing. When nothing else makes ensemble and everything is falling apart, breathing makes a hug difference, we'll it better, without it we would die, so yeah I would ...