Skip to main content

If I Stay

We all reach moments when we have given it our all, we have done everything we know how to do, and have worked until we feel worn out. Sometimes when we get to that point we feel a great sense of accomplishment being able to see just how far we have come, sometimes we feel a loss at what to do next. It's like we have done all we know how to do and we simply don't know what comes next.
I feel somewhat like I have hit that point like I have given my best and now I am not exactly sure what is left and where to go with it. 
A little while back I went to the movies with a friend to see a new movie that had been released. It had made it big as a book and so far had gotten great reviews as a movie. I went to the theater to see that movie, but strangely it was not the film that left the biggest impact. Although it was moving and very meaningful, what caught my attention more was a two minute preview that had people crying before the featured movie had even started. This clip is part of the inspiration to this particular Blog post; If I Stay.
In every persons life I there is a point where you must make a call, is the life you are living right now what you need to stay and fight for, or is it time to let it go and move on. There is something about a clean slate that is refreshing, but there is something about the past that is comfortable and warm.
It is up to us do we want to stay, or do we want to go? Most of the time we don't know.
That's when you just have to take a leap, if I stay I am surrounded by people I love who love me, but I am also am tucked comfortably in my comfort zone and that's no place to spend the rest of your life. If you choose to stay somewhere you need to find a purpose and a need, something to consecrate yourself to. Some people you meet in life seem to already have a sense of being exactly who they are meant to be, and it's not so much that they have already arrived, but that they are constantly arriving. They find some way of daily continuing further into who and where they want to be.
I can't stay in one place, I need growth and when run out of depth where you are sometimes you just need to close your eyes, let yourself feel for a moment then take a leap into the great unknown. I don't always know who I am, or who I supposed to be, but I'm constantly searching and becoming. I've realized if I stay I need a reason, a depth and a purpose. And right now there's not. So I am taking a leap, my eyes are closed, I'm feeling my way and I am leaping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shame Game

     Exactly 450 days ago I got married, the day that everyone says is the happiest day of your life. I was happy, incredibly happy. But happiness is a strange and interesting emotion, it's not like instant gratification or even like the anticipation of a surprise, it's soft and quiet. Happiness comes through the application of true principles in life sometimes the result is so subtle that you will completely miss the happiness if you don't know that it is real and existing right in front of you. Happiness is like a habit and if you stop nourishing it, it will fade and completely disappear, most of the time we don't notice the absence of light and happiness until it is so drastic that it would take a great change of action to restore it.     On January 24th my husband moved out after almost 13 months of marriage. I had always known marriage would be hard and that it took effort and change to make it work, I saw my older siblings in their marriages and I knew when I de

Starting somewhere

    I miss writing. I miss the way it sooths my soul, the way it empowers me to look at the details of my life in a positive light. There has been so much going on in my life lately that writing basically got buried in a corner forgotten.      Some of it might be due to the fact that havent felt very positively about my life lately. But I miss the feeling of being in-love with life, I miss feeling alive. Somewhere inside of myself I know that if I want to feel those things again I need to find the courage to pull out the things I love and dust them off. At first it might not be very pretty, like a painter that is out of practice there are bound to be some duds before there are masterpieces.     Here I am making it full circle with a goal that is the very reason I started this blog, I want to start writing everyday. Writing things that I hope can help and inspire others and maybe in the writings of my soul I will be able to refind myself.     Its interesting where life takes you and

Complacency

2 Nephi 28:21 " And others will he pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yeah Zion prospereth, all is well- and thus the Devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to Hell"  Complacency, it's a curse of this generation of which we live. Everyone seeks for comfort, but don't get comforting lifestyles confused with comfortable lifestyles.. A comforting life style can bring you peace, joy and growth, but is not void of hard times, trial and uncomfortable stretching in our soul. But the growth and trials can bring a lot of peace, and reassurance and in the end it's comforting. A comfortable life style is limited to what is within the lines of our comfort zone and it limits us. Our body will be comfortable and reassured that a life of ease is stable and unwavering. But the soul will long for the freedom of growth. Don't barter away your soul for the complacency of this mortal life.