Skip to main content

im not running

The last few weeks have gone by so fast that time feels like cool water running through my fingers, there's no way to stop it you simply have to enjoy the feeling and the sensation while it's there. I have sent my baby brother on his mission since I was on here last, I have decided to move and a host of other choices great and small have come to heart with in the last while.
The main one though is the moving thing, I just recently got the feeling that I'd done what I came here to do and that it's time to move on. So i'm moving, I've been in my current ward for two years, two beautiful, hard, sometimes ugly, very miraculous years. I'm not the same person I was when I first moved in this ward, and it's a good thing, I think.
Actually I'm pretty excited too I feel I have done so much these last two years and have learned so much and this ward is all I have known since I moved to salt lake, so I am taking a leap. It's exhilarating really!!! I feel the promise of a new fresh future, and I know that while I was in this ward I took chances, went out on limbs and I have nothing left undone, and unsaid and I have no regrets, I don't feel like I am running away from anything, rather running toward a promise of tomorrow in a fresh start. I am excited the future holds so much for me.
Sometimes you just need to find the courage to let go of your past, to reach forward and embrace you are future, it's as bright as your faith and from my point of view looks breathtaking, promising and beautiful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judgemental Driving

So this may be a little known fact about me, but I have road rage. It's not really extreme but I have no patience with other drivers and I often catch myself judging other drivers over simple things. Such as what lane of traffic they are in, or which lane they decide to turn into. It's probably not super apparent, but something that if you drove with me often (which no one does by the way) you would probably notice. Tonight was a good example of this problem of mine, there was a car in front of me that turned into a turning lane to a road that in my mind seems to lead no where. As I watched this car I mumbled under my breath something about "Do you even know where you are going, or are you lost? Cause that kind of goes no where important." Than I thought about it for a second and realized, maybe their home is on that road, maybe they are going to visit a loved one. Maybe they are headed to a best friends house, in all of those cases it would be a road to somewhere im...

Warmth and Love

The past few days it has really hit me how much grief and loss affect each of us in our lives. No matter how much those around us seem to have it all together there is a great chance there is something that they are grieving in their life. In September my family almost lost my mom, she has always struggled with kidney stones and due to some oversight she ended up in the ICU with sepsis. For days I waited at home unable to do anything to help feeling almost crippled by the pain and fear that I might lose her. One night I went up and laid on her bed and wound up a music box and cried. I didn't want my younger brothers to see me completely fall apart so I stayed in my parents room until I had nothing left to cry. My mom recovered and was able to return home, but even now 5 months later there are moments I can still see that she is still healing from the experience. I know looking inward on my heart that I sometimes feel flashes of the fear creep back in, and that in my ow...

it's simple

I'm a mess sometimes, actually it's not just me, it's life. Life is messy, it's emotional, and because we go so much by emotion, logic flees the scene. Sometimes that what makes things messy is when we either use our head or our heart, and somehow when I start using both of them life gets a little less messy and a bit more sensical (if that's even a word, it is now, I'm running with it) its the balance of your head and heart that bring things together. I don't really ever listen to me own advice, like ever. I am fantastic at giving great advice, I think I would make a fabulous relationship advisor, however it has completely escaped on how to make my own relationships flourish. However I have gotten very good at something else, breathing (yup that is my secret, the cat is out of the bag) breathing. When nothing else makes ensemble and everything is falling apart, breathing makes a hug difference, we'll it better, without it we would die, so yeah I would ...